The Sangre de Cristo Group serves Sierra Club members in the Arkansas Valley and most of southeastern Colorado, including the cities of Pueblo, Canon City, Walsenburg, Alamosa, Leadville, Salida, Buena Vista, La Junta, Lamar and Trinidad.
- We are citizens of Southeastern Colorado who care about the environmental legacy we will leave for our children and their children.
- We work to prevent pollution and the damage it does to human health, to vulnerable ecosystems, and to the communities we live in.
- We care about runaway urban/suburban sprawl and the pressures it places on Colorado’s natural splendor, on sustainable communities and agricultural practices, and on local taxpayers.
- We support outdoor recreational opportunities that protect and enhance the beauty and productivity of nature.
- We believe that a healthy economy and a healthy environment are absolutely inseparable goals. We can’t have one without the other.
- And we are willing to fight for what we believe in.